Why would you use grass fed tallow soap? Because it has a wealth of nutrients, it feels amazing on your skin and it's NOT the latest fad (it's actually been around for thousands of years).
Here are 5 reasons you should be using grass fed tallow soap:
1. Grass fed tallow contains high amounts of CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), an essential fatty acid needed for optimal health and a known cancer fighter.
2. Tallow, from grass-fed, free-range cows ("cow factory farms" do NOT produce vitamin rich fat) contains vitamins A, D and K, along with the powerful antioxidant Vitamin E.
3. Grass fed Tallow Soaps typically last twice as long as their all vegetable soap counterparts.
4. Tallow soaps also produce a rich, creamy, moisturizing lather not common in store bought or all vegetable oil soaps and they don't get mushy after a few uses.
5. By purchasing tallow soap through a reputable company, you also support the farmer that has chosen to place the quality of the cow's life ahead of profit.
As you can see, the benefits of using grass fed tallow soap are numerous. While some may think using soap made from cow fat is just gross, like slathering yourself up with a hamburger patty, most may be shocked to find out that the majority of store bought soaps actually have cow fat in them (unfortunately, it's the fat from those cruel cow factory farms).
Cow fat is also known as Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Myristic Acid, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid and Sodium Tallowate. Take a look at the ingredients in your bar soap. If it contains any of the above, you are already using tallow in your soap without even knowing it. However, what you may also be using is a chemical concoction of artificial hardeners, fragrances and colorants that can actually lead to skin irritations and allergic reactions.
Stick with an all natural bar soap scented with essential oils. Be cautious of putting anything artificial on your skin as your skin is your largest organ and your first defense against the harsh elements of this environment. What you put on your skin adds to your daily consumption -- be it a healthy regiment or exposure to chemicals.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to learn more about using the Power of Nature in your daily routine™.