I absolutely love this body butter! It leaves my skin soft without feeling greasy and I love that it can be refrigerated.
Ailments Tallow Body Butter
Luxurious Artisan Body Butter
made with Organic Oils and Grass-fed Beef Tallow
Net Weight 3.40 ounces
Shipping Has Closed until October 1st!
We have not yet found an environmentally-friendly way to ship our body butters chilled in the heat of the summer. We are also not willing to ruin the integrity of our body butters by exposing them to heat during summer shipping. Due to the delicate nature of the 100% pure ingredients, we only ship our body butters from October 1st thru May 1st. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you can respect our decision. Please join our newsletter to receive notification when shipping ends and reopens for easy restocking.
Best Used as a daily moisturizer
Our Ailments Tallow Body Butter was developed to hydrate dry, cracked skin while allowing the vital essences of the powerful botanicals to absorb deep into your skin. This tallow body butter does not create a harmful barrier on your skin as does many petroleum-based lotions in today's marketplace. Rather, it contains ingredients similar to our own skin's oil, known to improve radiance and glow almost immediately.
This natural moisturizer is very concentrated and can last a long time. It can be used on the whole body as the ingredients are not known to clog the pores. Within 5-10 minutes, the oils will absorb deep into the layers of your skin, leaving no greasy feeling, just pure, clean moisture that will last all day. Because the ingredients in this body butter are the least refined and purest form possible, your skin will enjoy the natural, rich blend of essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins not found in modern day skin care.
This specific body butter has also been infused with 3 herbs: turmeric, white willow bark and yarrow flower to encourage a positive response in the body, especially in the joints. Please research the individual ingredients to see how this can benefit you as the FDA will not allow any claims. Educate yourself!
The following herbs have been infused into the oils for a minimum of 8 weeks to ensure the plant constituents have fortified the oils. All this is done prior to making the final product:
- White Willow Bark. This study done by the University of Maryland Medical Center indicates that white willow bark is used to "ease pain and reduce inflammation". They go on to say, "Researchers believe that the chemical salicin, found in willow bark, is responsible for these effects. However, studies show several other components of willow bark, including plant chemicals called polyphenols and flavonoids, have antioxidant, fever-reducing, antiseptic, and immune-boosting properties. Some studies show willow is as effective as aspirin for reducing pain and inflammation (but not fever), and at a much lower dose."
- Turmeric. This study done by the Department of Stomatology, University of California concluded that "Curcumin (the primary component in turmeric) has been demonstrated to be safe in six human trials and has demonstrated anti-inflammatory activity. It may exert its anti-inflammatory activity by inhibition of a number of different molecules that play a role in inflammation."
- Yarrow Leaf and Flower. Yarrow was used by our ancestors for treating external wounds on the skin, fighting fevers and improving circulation. Scientists have credited yarrow for its positive effects on almost every organ in the body.
- Grass fed tallow
- Unrefined, Grade-A Shea Butter
- Golden Organic Jojoba oil
- Organic, Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil
- Yellow Beeswax
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil steeped in:
- Yarrow Leaf and Flower
- White Willow Bark
- Turmeric Root
Nefertem Naturals™ offers natural products that bring the power of nature into daily routine. Our products are carefully handcrafted in small batches using the finest ingredients possible that are primarily organic, but if organic is unavailable to us, ethically wild-harvested, fair-trade or locally sourced.
We love what we do and hope you can appreciate the time and energy we put into every detail of our work from our research into the highest quality ingredients to our hand-wrapped packaging -- we even hand-render our grass fed tallow ourselves! Learn more about us.
Though our products don't promise to change the world, our products and how we make them, symbolize the change we wish to see in the world. Thank you for choosing to support our small, family business. We appreciate you!
Shea Body Butter Beads
Due to the delicate nature of our 100% natural body butters, we only ship our body butters from October 1st through April 30th to prevent melting/leakage and texture variances. Even though we do, our body butters can still melt or develop little shea butter "beads" over time due to the temperature fluctuations during transit (it's just much less likely in the cooler months). (View pictures of this texture change here). While not common, if this does happen and you would like to return the body butter to its original creamy state, follow these directions or simply rub the cream in between the palms of your hands to melt before applying.
As we all know, Mother Nature will do as she pleases and we are not willing to risk your health by adding chemicals, synthetic stabilizers or emulsifiers just to prevent this natural reaction. Shea Butter is a finicky little ingredient but one of the best ingredients for the skin (along with grass-fed beef tallow) so we won't formulate our body butters without out it!
(Pictured above are our children Sky and Iniko practicing their meditation for peace...love it!)